Anyone over the age of 18 must apply separately
$45 per application
Minnix Property Management will use the following criteria when screening an applicant.
Applicant(s) need to make a total gross income of 3x the monthly rent. Income does need to be verified via: Pay stubs, tax returns, offer letter, acceptance letter, bank statements, SSI, unemployment letter, child support.
If income is insufficient, please see “Conditions” section
We will verify your previous rental history using the information provided by you on the application.
A criminal background screening will be performed. A 5 year history from the offense date will be used.
Misdemeanors are not considered for immediate denial but may require conditional approval. Please see the “Conditions” section.
Felonies within the last 5 years for the following will be denied:
- Assault against person or property
- Terrorist Activity
- Sexual Offenses
- Credit card fraud
Felonies may be considered under correctional supervision with conditions. Please see the “Conditions” section.
Sex offenders will be denied.
A credit report will be obtained to determine Approval or Approval with Conditions. Student loans and Medical loans are not used to determine approval.
- Open bankruptcies will be denied
- 3 or more accounts in collections and/or more than $5000 in collections will be denied
- Less than 70% of accounts in good standings will be denied
- Owing another property/management company more than $2000 will be denied
- No credit will require a double application deposit
- Not enough income but greater than 90% of the total gross needed will require a double application deposit and a $500 cash non refundable fee
- Owing another property/management company money between $500-2000 will require a double application deposit and a $500 cash non refundable fee
- 70-90% of accounts are in good standings will require a double application deposit
- 3 or more accounts in collections and/or less than $5000 will require a double application deposit and a $500 cash non refundable fee
- Misdemeanors will be examined on a case by case basis to determine approval and may require a double application deposit
- Felony conviction with correctional supervision will require a double application deposit and a $500 cash non refundable fee. Will also need documentation of the supervision
Applicant(s) may be denied or need additional conditions for occupancy for the following reasons:
- Falsification of application by applicant(s)
- Incomplete application by applicant(s)
- Poor rental history
* Applicant(s) can either pay an application deposit with cash or apply for a security deposit alternative for the application deposit
* A application deposit is equal to 1x months rent
* Minnix does not accept actual cash. Cash is referred to as certified funds or paying through tenant portal
* Minnix does not accept payment via Cash App, Venmo, Paypal, Zelle, Google Wallet, Apple Pay, Samsung Wallet, or Wire Transfers